We'll capture your family in all its beauty.
Families are the heart of our business, from soulfully elegant black-and-white portraiture to children’s pictures that radiate life and crinkle with laughter. We specialise in creating graceful memories of maternity, true-to-life family shots, and the teeny-toed innocence of newborn photography.
There is nothing more precious than having a beautiful moment of your child’s life or seeing the generations of your family on the wall every time you come home. To capture those moments, Lion & Cub take time to get to know you all, to find out what makes you tick as a family, and capture the shots that work.
60-90 mins session on location at Tortuga Studios in St Peters, or in your home or a scenic location in Sydney.
- For newborn photos we recommend studio portraits with dramatic lighting in our St Peters studio or in your home. 10-12 days is the optimal time for newborns, when your baby is still able to curl up. Six weeks is the next best age.
- Younger children are best in the morning, either first thing or after their first nap.
- Golden hour is between 4-6pm and is perfect for older children for those gorgeous, glowing shots with rays of golden light.
- Newborn props include neutral and warm tones, linen, hand-knitted blankets, beanies, floral crowns, a beanbag for your bub to find the perfect pose and more. For 10-12-day-old infant shoots, we can come to you.
- Allow for costume changes in a studio shoot, particularly if you want two distinct looks or have a child who loves dress-ups. We have a magic trunk full of tutus, hats and other props available for use.
- Older babies are best photographed at 8 -10 months in the studio, before they start crawling.
- 100-day-old shoots are available too, these are lovely in the studio.
- When your baby starts to walk, an outdoor session can be perfect as they delight in their newfound skill.
- Contact us to receive our Portraits Magazine, which outlines in detail how to prepare for your shoot. We can help with planning what to bring, what colours photograph best and ensuring that the artwork we create will compliment your furniture and lifestyle.
- Grandparents are most welcome! Extended family sessions are best outdoors.
- Cake smashes are available upon request and include a bubble-bath shot at the end.
- Pets are welcome to accompany you as Tortuga Studios is a pet-friendly space.